Container Storage Rental Options
US Hazmat Rentals has a full line of container storage rentals designed to meet your needs and your budget. Contact us to today for your hazardous material and chemical storage compliance needs.
Standard connex conversion designed and engineered for safe hazardous chemical storage.
Extra tall 9.5′ connex conversion for safe hazardous chemical storage of double-stacked materials.
Unique side-loading container storage designed for efficient forklift access and material handling.
Extra tall side-loading containers for easy forklift access and height for double stacked totes, palette, or chemical drums.
Fully loaded with climate control, spill containment, mechanical ventilation, LED lighting, and dry chem fire suppression.
Hazardous Storage Shipping Container Rentals
Hazardous Chemical Drum Or Tote Storage Container Rentals
U.S. Hazmat Rentals offers economical chemical storage solutions with EPA-compliant spill containment. Our customized ISO Shipping Container conversions provide superior steel protection. Engineered with secondary spill containment sump and metal grated flooring, mechanical ventilation, LED lighting, and Dry Chem Fire Suppression, these units offer a wide array of storage compliance options when full two-hour or four-hour storage buildings are too costly. Better yet, they won’t break the bank.
As a leader in Hazardous Material Storage Rentals, US Hazmat Rentals’ chemical storage containers BoxSAFE C are a formidable solution to your EPA and OSHA compliance needs.
As a leader in Chemical Storage Rentals, our BoxSAFE C storage containers are a formidable step-up.
BoxSAFE C provides innovative secondary spill containment sump flooring and advanced systems for air ventilation, lighting, climate control, and even dry chemical fire suppression for ultimate safety and compliance.
BoxSAFE C storage lockers can be easily implemented into any existing workflow process. Large forklift pockets allow these containers to be rapidly deployed and relocated into any job-site. Each chemical storage unit is built to the hilt and capable of withstanding wind speeds up to 130 miles per hour, and have a floor-load capacity of 500 pounds per square foot. Each unit is capable of storing 25 – 50 drums with 460 – 920 gallons secondary spill containment for hazardous material and dangerous chemicals. And easy-loading systems are designed to streamline the process of adding and safely removing barrels, totes, and palletized quantities of dangerous materials.
BoxSAFE C is available in 8′ x 20′, 30′ and 40′ long models for your storage needs.
20′ Chemical Storage Shipping Container
BoxSAFE C 20′ x 8′ x 8’5″
Snow Load: 40 PSF
Wind Load: 130 MPH Exposure C
Floor Load: 500 PSF
Building Weight: 9,000 lbs
Storage Capacity: 144 Total Sq Ft
Max Drums: 25
Max Totes/Pallets: 4
Sump Capacity: 460 Gallons
A 20′ hazardous material and chemical storage container can hold up to 25 drums at 144 square feet, with a 460 gallon sump capacity. These criteria meet the OSHA and EPA chemical storage regulation when properly installed and used. Height measures approximately 8’6” feet high, or 9’6″ for the extra tall models. Custom manufacturing and fabrication processes have been implemented and refined to ensure uniformity and quality work across our fleet.
40′ Chemical Storage Shipping Container
BoxSAFE C 40′ x 8′ x 8’5″
Snow Load: 40 PSF
Wind Load: 130 MPH Exposure C
Floor Load: 500 PSF
Building Weight: 18,000 lbs
Storage Capacity: 302 Total Sq Ft
Max Drums: 50
Max Totes/Pallets: 9
Sump Capacity: 920 Gallons
A 40′ hazardous material and chemical storage container can hold up to 50 drums at 320 square feet, with a 920 gallon sump capacity. These criteria meet the OSHA and EPA chemical storage regulation when properly installed and used. Height measures approximately 8’6” feet high, or 9’6″ for the extra tall models. Custom manufacturing and fabrication processes have been implemented and refined to ensure uniformity and quality work across our fleet.
Access doors meet or exceed enforced standards and certifications
- This ISO shipping container chemical storage unit delivers lockable double doors with cam closures, located on short end of the container. The access doors total dimensions measure 7’9’’ high x 7’5‘’ wide.
- A spill-proof secondary spill containment sump flooring system raises the storage-level grated flooring up from the bottom of the container’s exterior. This means the interior flooring is raised from the ground and there is a step up from ground to grated flooring, offsetting the bottom of the door and the bottom fo the floor of the unit. As such, we include an industrial-grade heavy-duty access ramp for easy access throughout the contract period.
Secondary Hazardous Chemical Spill Containment System
- Secondary spill containment sump provides 460 gallons of storage capacity.
- This chemical storage container is engineered with a high-quality secondary containment system to prevent leakage of any solid or liquid chemicals from the storage area. This system is engineered to meet or exceed the EPA’s spill containment requirements of twenty seven percent (27%) capacity. The flooring system is fabricated to meet the National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers (NAAMM MBG 531, “Metal Bar Grating Manual for Steel, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum Gratings and Stair Treads.”) standards and specifications.
- The 1″-deep open-grated floor enables any spilled material to fall through the grate directly into the storage sump. This lessens contamination of other material stored in the proximity, protects the locker itself, and ensures all spills are self-contained and never leaked into the environment.
- The leak-proof storage sump is fabricated of solid steel walls and floor with continuous water-tight welds, treated with a chemical-resistant coating, and engineered to provide full-coverage secondary containment sump across the interior of the locker. A high-density leak-proof sump liner is provided for additional spill protection. This liner also ensures a more cost-effective cleanup in the event a spill occurs.
Flooring and Accessibility
- The total floor loading provides a minimum of 500 pounds per square foot. This raised floor of steel grating stretches over the entire storage area floor, providing a secure storage surface. This allows any spill to directly enter the liquid-tight secondary spill containment storage sump.
- Included access ramp measures 60″W x 88″L for easy loading and unloading. This ramp is fabricated from 12-gauge steel and rated for 275 lbs. per sq. ft., ideal for hand-truck carried chemical storage drums.
Ventilation Systems Options
- Gravity Air Flow Ventilation shall be UL listed and included standard on all BoxSAFE chemical storage units.
- The location of the ventilation system(s) shall be arranged to maximize air movement across all areas of the floor to prevent accumulation of flammable vapors.
- *Optional Mechanical Ventilation system is also available
Optional Explosion Proof Mechanical Ventilation
- This locker features a high-quality ventilation system required for proper chemical storage facilities. This system is designed to ventilate flammable storage areas with proper air turnover. It has a continuous minimum replacement of one cubic foot every minute. Our ventilation system is well equipped with a 3-hour fire dampers, UL-listed, 165-degree fusible link activation system, and a gravity flow ventilation system.
- The mechanical ventilation system moves about 6 full air changes every hour. This exhaust air is released above the locker to prevent accidental recirculation of bad air. This explosion-proof electromechanical ventilation system uses a UL-listed, Class I, Division 1, Group C and D compliant enclosed motor with non-static 12-inch diameter cast aluminum fan blade. This mechanism is externally mounted which can be manually operated with the exterior UL fan switch prior to entering the locker.
Optional Electrical Components & Load Center
- Our electrical components are UL-listed, single-phase, 3-wire, and has a 120/240V 100 electrical load center. The load center is mounted on the exterior of the locker encased with a rainproof, sleet-resistant, and ice-resistant outdoor grade enclosure. It has been designed to meet with all of the requirements of the Underwriters’ Laboratories.
- All of the installation of our electrical components in the chemical storage lockers are done within the regulations of the National Electrical Manufactured Association (NEMA), National Electrical Code (NEC), and he National Fire Protection Association. This locker is well equipped with all of the electrical and motor components necessary for operation once a power source has been supplied.
Optional Interior Compartment Lighting Accessories
- Two (2) UL-listed LED light fixture(s) included with the container provide ample interior lighting to ensure safety while handling storage matter.
Optional Fire Suppression System Available
- Chemical storage containers are not equipped with fire suppression as factory standard. We have select models that can provide state-of-the-art dry chemical fire suppression. Please consult your US Hazmat Rentals representative for details and optional availability.
- A ready-to-use 21 lb. dry chemical fire suppression tank that is UL, ULC listed and FM approved for the A, B, and C fire classes is available. This high-quality system is also equipped with remote activation and integrated fusible link detection, a manual exterior pull station, and multiple interior spray nozzles for complete coverage in a flooding activation. The dry chemical tank is mounted on the exterior of the locker, and comes with an audible alarm for added safety. The system is unarmed per D.O.T regulations and must be armed and certified by a licensed representative.
Industry-Leading Chemical Storage Rental Solutions
With US Hazmat Rentals you can choose the component configuration best suited to your storage and compliance needs. Our complete line of customizable BoxSAFE C hazardous chemical storage containers are designed with your needs and your budget in mind. Contact us for complete details. Immediate inventory available for delivery.
Protection Inside And Out
Providing the compatibility and strength of a shipping container with corrugated steel walls demanded by heavy industry manufacturing and logistics, the BoxSAFE C does not skimp on protection. Double doors located on the short-end of the container make loading and storage of drums simple. If you manage chemical storage totes or palletized inventory with a forklift, our optional custom-designed double bi-fold side-access doors provide 100% clearance to the entire interior of the storage container for easy loading and unloading. You don’t have to worry about accidental spills. Each 20′-long steel safe container comes with a continuous metal grade flooring sump system. If spills do occur, the liquid or materials will simply fall through the 1″ steel grating into the EPA-compliant secondary spill containment sump where it remains until the hazardous material can be safely removed.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Complete our quick quote for a chemical storage building from US Hazmat Rentals to request complete product specifications, or speak with a chemical storage specialist ready to assist you with your storage needs. Be sure to ask bout long-term rental discounts, our factory representative will be happy to answer any questions and provide hassle free quote for your next project.
Stay safe, stay compliant
Hefty civil fees and fines can render otherwise financially solvent businesses penniless. Even the smallest oversight of routine safety checks by engineers can result in costly penalties from government agencies. U.S. Hazmat Rentals Box Safe C containers provide secure and compliant chemical storage that meets all specifications set forth by OSHA and the NFPA.