20′ Chemical Storage Shipping Container
BoxSAFE BCS 20′ x 8′ x 8’5″
Item ID: BCS2008
Snow Load: 40 PSF
Wind Load: 130 MPH Exposure C
Floor Load: 500 PSF
Building Weight: 9,000 lbs
Storage Capacity: 144 Total Sq Ft
Interior Dimensions: 19’4” x 7’8” x7’3”
Max Drums: 25
Max Totes/Pallets: 4
Sump Capacity: 460 Gallons
A 20′ hazardous material and chemical storage container can hold up to 25 drums at 144 square feet, with a 460 gallon sump capacity. These criteria meet the OSHA and EPA chemical storage regulation when properly installed and used. Height measures approximately 8’5” feet. Custom manufacturing and fabrication processes have been implemented and refined to ensure uniformity and quality work across our fleet.
40′ Chemical Storage Shipping Container
BoxSAFE BCS 40′ x 8′ x 8’5″
Item ID: BCS4008
Snow Load: 40 PSF
Wind Load: 130 MPH Exposure C
Floor Load: 500 PSF
Building Weight: 18,000 lbs
Storage Capacity: 302 Total Sq Ft
Max Drums: 50
Max Totes/Pallets: 9
Sump Capacity: 920 Gallons
A 40′ hazardous material and chemical storage container can hold up to 50 drums at 320 square feet, with a 920 gallon sump capacity. These criteria meet the OSHA and EPA chemical storage regulation when properly installed and used. Height measures approximately 8’5” feet. Custom manufacturing and fabrication processes have been implemented and refined to ensure uniformity and quality work across our fleet.
BoxSafe BCS Features
Access doors meet or exceed enforced standards and certifications
- Two bi-fold doors on long side of the unit allow full access to the EPA compliant hazardous storage unit. Open one of the bi-fold doors for access to half of the unit or open both to access any part of the unit for maximum accessibility and easy loading of pallets, chemical storage drums, and totes. Perfect for forklift loading and unloading.
- This ISO shipping container chemical storage unit delivers lockable double doors with cam closures, located on short end of the container. The access doors total dimensions measure 7’9’’ high x 7’5‘’ wide.
- A spill-proof secondary spill containment sump flooring system raises the storage-level grated flooring up from the bottom of the container’s exterior.
- This means the interior flooring is raised from the ground and there is a step up from ground to grated flooring offsetting the bottom of the door and the bottom of the floor of the unit. As such, we include an industrial-grade, heavy-duty access ramp for easy access throughout the contract period.
Secondary Hazardous Chemical Spill Containment System
- Secondary spill containment sump provides 460 gallons of storage capacity.
- This chemical storage container is engineered with a high-quality secondary containment system to prevent leakage of any solid or liquid chemicals from the storage area. This system is engineered to meet or exceed the EPA’s spill containment requirements of twenty seven percent (27%) capacity. The flooring system is fabricated to meet the National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers (NAAMM MBG 531, “Metal Bar Grating Manual for Steel, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum Gratings and Stair Treads.”) standards and specifications.
- The 1″-deep open-grated floor enables any material spilled to fall through the grate directly into the storage sump. This lessens contamination of other material stored in the locality, protects the locker itself, and ensures all spills are self-contained and never leaked into the environment.
- The leak-proof storage sump is fabricated of solid steel walls and floor with continuous water-tight welds, treated with a chemical-resistant coating, and engineered to provide full-coverage secondary containment sump across the interior of the locker. A high-density, leak-proof sump liner is provided for additional spill protection. This liner also ensures a more cost-effective cleanup in the event a spill occurs.
Flooring and Accessibility
- The total floor loading provides a minimum of 500 pounds per square foot. This raised floor of steel grating stretches over the entire storage area floor, providing a secure storage surface. This allows any spill to directly enter the liquid-tight secondary spill containment storage sump.
- Included Access Ramp measures 60″W x 88″L for easy loading and unloading. This ramp is fabricated from 12-gauge steel and rated for 275 lbs. per sq. ft., ideal for chemical storage drums carried by hand truck.
Ventilation Systems Options
- Gravity Air Flow Ventilation is UL-listed and included standard on all BoxSAFE chemical storage units.
- The location of the ventilation system(s) is placed to maximize air movement across all areas of the floor to prevent accumulation of flammable vapors.
- Optional Mechanical Ventilation system is also available.
Optional Electrical Components & Load Center
- Our electrical components are UL-listed, single-phase, 3-wire, and have a 120/240V 100 electrical load center. The load center is mounted on the exterior of the locker, encased with a rainproof, sleet-resistant, and ice-resistant outdoor grade enclosure. It has been designed to meet with all of the requirements of the Underwriters’ Laboratories.
- All of the installations of our electrical components in the chemical storage lockers are done within the regulations of the National Electrical Manufactured Association (NEMA), National Electrical Code (NEC), and the National Fire Protection Association. This locker is well equipped with all of the electrical and motor components necessary for operation once a power source has been supplied.
Optional Interior Compartment Lighting Accessories
Two (2) UL-listed LED light fixture(s) included with the container provide ample interior lighting to ensure safety while handling storage matter.
Optional Explosion-Proof Mechanical Ventilation
- This locker features a high-quality ventilation system required for proper chemical storage facilities. This system is designed to ventilate flammable storage areas with proper air turnover. It has a continuous minimum replacement of one cubic foot every minute. Our ventilation system is well equipped with a 3-hour fire dampers, UL listed 165-degree fusible link activation system, and a gravity flow ventilation system.
- The mechanical ventilation system moves about 6 full air changes every hour. This exhaust air is released above the locker so as not to accidentally recirculate bad air. This explosion-proof electromechanical ventilation system uses a UL-listed, Class I, Division 1, Group C and D compliant enclosed motor with non-static 12-inch diameter cast aluminum fan blade. This mechanism is externally mounted which can be manually operated with the exterior UL fan switch prior to entering the locker.
– LED Lighting
– Mechanical Vents
EPA & OSHA Compliant Shipping Container Rentals Designed For Hazardous Storage
REQUEST A QUOTE
Complete our quick quote for a chemical storage building from US Hazmat Rentals, to request complete product specifications, or speak with a chemical storage specialist ready to assist you with your storage needs. Be sure to ask about long-term rental discounts. Our factory representative will be happy to answer any questions and provide hassle a free quote for your next project.
Free Hazmat Storage Planner
Download a free Chemical storage planner and building specification guide to hazardous material storage buildings. The US Hazmat Rentals planner will help make you aware of our storage options for proper chemical storage compliance. Each custom engineered building or storage locker is designed and engineered to meet or exceed OSHA, EPA, and NFPA regulations and are ready to deliver.