Flammable Storage Locker – HAZMAT FL1610-2011
Two Hour Fire Rated Flammable Storage Locker
- HAZMATFL1610-2011 – FL 16′ x 10′ x 9′ Actual Dimensions
Exterior: 15’4” x 9’4” x 9’4” Interior: 14’ x 8’ x 7’6”
- Structural Load Certification
Snow Load: 40 PSF Wind Load: 130 MPH Exposure C
Floor Load: 500 PSF Building Weight: 16,000 LBS
Full Storage: 42,000 LBS Seismic Category: C
- Storage Capacity
Storage: 28 Drums / 74.5 Total Sq Ft Sump Capacity: 418.7 Gallons Load: 1000+ PSF
- The HAZMAT FL1610-2011 is a two hour fire-rated flammable material and flammable liquid storage unit. The locker can hold up to 28 drums, 418.7 gallons, or up to 1000 lbs PSF. This building is also lockable, climate controlled, and weatherproof. All of our flammable storage lockers are made in the United States, using the highest quality American steel. Our steel is free of rough edges and kinks, and all bends are made via a controlled means to avoid sharp bends and ensure uniformity in each plate. Our attention to detail is second to none, and your chemical locker will always be structurally strong and manufactured mistake-free. We continue to refine and improve our manufacturing processes and ensure uniformity in all of our flammable storage lockers.
- Our welding process meets the American Society for Testing Material’s (ATSM International) standards and was designed through the American Welding Society. For optimum safety, all of our welds are in accordance with UL listed wall design. All criteria listed above meet or exceed the OSHA, EPA, and NFPA chemical storage regulations. This unit is Intertek Warnock Hersey and Factory Mutual approved.
Access doors meet or exceed enforced standards and certifications
- The locker access door is fire-rated to three hours of intense flame with a 60″ double leaf steel door and a UL classification label. Equipped with a UL listed self door closer, surface slide bolt, positive pressure threshold , steel latch guard, and an exterior UL listed keyed lock, this door is sure to meet all of your needs. The door has been positioned in the center of the front wall for easy access to all of the interior compartment.
- Integrated with a spill containment system, this locker has been raised off the ground which makes the door and floor of the unit not flush with the ground. Included with the locker is a heavy duty access ramp for easy access during the contract period.
Adequate and accessible fire suppression systems
- This paint storage chemical storage building is equipped with state of the art fire suppression system. It has a ready-to-use 21 lb. dry chemical fire suppression tank that is UL, ULC listed and FM approved for the A, B, and C fire classes. This high quality system is also equipped with remote activation with an integrated fusible link detection, a manual exterior pull station , and multiple interior spray nozzles for complete coverage in a flooding activation. The dry chemical tank is mounted on the exterior of the locker, and comes with an audible alarm for added safety. The system is unarmed per D.O.T regulations and must be armed and certified by a licensed representative.
Secondary Hazardous Chemical Spill Containment System
- This locker is integrated with a high quality secondary containment system to prevent the leakage of solid or liquid chemicals. Our containment system meets or exceeds the EPA’s spill containment capacity requirements. The heavy duty open grate flooring system allows for chemicals to fall through the grate as to not contaminate other materials in the locker, and the locker itself. The leak proof design is assembled with a deep welded steel floor grating, a large secondary containment sump, and a high density leak-proof sump liner. For added protection, the galvanized steel grating runs from wall to wall in the building, the sump is manufactured with solid plate sheets with continuous welds, and the secondary containment sump has been lined with a chemical resistant coating. This locker’s flooring has been designed and manufactured to meet with the specifications of the National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers (NAAMM).
HAZMATFL1610-2011 Electrical Components
- Our electrical components are UL listed single phase, 3 wire, and has a 120/240V 100 electrical load center. The load center is mounted on the exterior of the locker encased with a rainproof, sleet-resistant, and ice-resistant outdoor grade enclosure. It has been designed to meet with all of the requirements of the Underwriters’ Laboratories.
- All of the installation of our electrical components in the chemical storage lockers are done within the regulations of the National Electrical Manufactured Association (NEMA), National Electrical Code (NEC), and he National Fire Protection Association. This locker is well equipped with all of the electrical and motor components necessary for operation once a power source has been supplied.
Explosion Proof Electrical Lighting
- Our explosion proof electrical lighting is designed to work in conjunction with flammable materials. The lighting component is UL listed class 1, Div 1 & 2, and groups C and D. It is also listed as Class 2, Div 1 & 2, Groups E, F, G, and Class 3 Div 1. The lighting is specifically designed to be used around moisture, dirt, dust, corrosion, and vibrations. The explosion proof lighting can be activated from an exterior switch prior to entrance in the building.
Chemical Storage Approved Explosion Proof Ventilation
- This locker features a high quality ventilation system required for proper paint storage facilities. This system is designed to ventilate flammable storage areas with proper air turnover. It has a continuous minimum replacement of one cubic foot every minute. Our ventilation system is well equipped with a 1-1/2 hour fire dampers, UL listed 165 degree fusible link activation system, and a gravity flow ventilation system.
- The mechanical ventilation system moves about 6 full air changes every hour. This exhaust air is released above the locker as to not accidentally recirculate bad air. This explosion proof electromechanical ventilation system uses a UL Listed, Class I, Division 1, Group C and D compliant enclosed motor with non-static 12 inch diameter cast aluminum fan blade. This mechanism is externally mounted which can be manually operated with the exterior UL fan switch prior to entering the locker.
Storage Locker Heating and Air Conditioned Climate Controls
To ensure your facility meets storage requirements for most paints, thinners, and other material requiring a select temperature range. Our paint storage buildings are engineered with Explosion Proof Climate Control to ensure a steady and compliant storage environment of your hazardous materials.
- The HAZMATFL1610-2011 locker interior is well-lined with heavy duty Galvalume steel sheeting. Mineral fiber insulation is installed in each building within the ceiling and walls which allows for the building to maintain an R value of R-11. The climate control system is explosion proof with an air conditioner and a heater that can maintain a specific temperature.
- Explosion Proof Wall Mounted Air Conditioner
- Explosion Proof air conditioner is UL Listed, and Class I, Division 2, Group A, B, C & D complaint. There is an interior temperature controller with user-adjustable temperature settings allowing operator to properly store flammable liquids, combustibles. It has a totally enclosed fan motor with stainless steel shaft to resist corrosion and a hermetically sealed overload and an exterior switch to prevent arcing.
- Explosion Proof Wall Mounted Heater
- The Forced Air Heater is engineer explosion proof, and is UL Listed, Class 1, Division 1 & 2, Groups C & D; Zones 1 & 2, Groups IIA & IIB compliant. It also includes a user-adjustable thermostat for temperature control.
Get in contact with us for more information on pricing and complete building specifications of the HAZMAT SL3008 flammable material and paint storage storage buildings. Most of our supply is not available online, so make sure to contact us for our complete hazardous material storage buildings.
*Images are for referencing purposes only. Make sure to contact us for complete specifications for our available inventory. Please consult your local authority having jurisdiction to ensure your storage needs are met.