Flammable Storage Locker – HAZMATSL2008
Four Hour Fire Rated Flammable Storage Building
- HAZMATSL2008 – SL 10′ x 8′ x 8′ Actual Dimensions
Exterior: 19’4” x 7’4” x 9’4” Interior: 18’0” x 6’0” x 7’6”
- Structural Load Certification
Snow Load: 40 PSF Wind Load: 130 MPH Exposure C
Floor Load: 500 PSF Building Weight: 18,297 LBS
- Storage Capacity
Storage: 27 Drums / 108 Total Sq Ft Sump Capacity: 403.4 Gallons
- This four hour fire rated chemical storage locker, the HAZMAT SL2008, can store up to 27 Drums, for a total of 403.4 gallons. Our entire inventory of flammable or combustible material storage lockers are made in the United States. We use only superb quality materials, including premium grade American steel that is always free of kinks, sharp bends, and rough edges. Each step in our manufacturing process is being constantly refined to ensure durability and quality in all of our storage units. All steel bends are made via controlled means to guarantee uniformity in each plate, as well as proper structural strength in each locker. Our unique attention to detail throughout the entire process ensures that your building will always be manufactured free of mistakes. The SL2008 unit is also lockable, climate controlled, and weatherproof.
- All above criteria are in compliance with OSHA, EPA, and NFPA chemical storage regulations. In addition, our welding procedures are designed in accordance with the American Welding Society and meet standards set forth by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International). Every weld is applied in accordance with approved UL listed wall design for premium safety. This locker is Intertek Warnock Hersey and Factory Mutual approved.
- The walls of the locker are furnished using multiple layers of fire-resistant gypsum wallboards encased between heavy duty interior and exterior steel plating for maximum flame resistance. The multi-layer construction allows for four (4) hours of resistance from intense flame. In addition, the plates use overlapping joints for complete protection and ultimate durability. This conforms to all NFPA standards.
- This flammable storage locker can resist a minimum internal pressure of 217 pounds per square foot, and includes two (2) pressure-relief panels located on the exterior wall of the unit. The panels are designed to release at an internal pressure of 20 pounds per square foot, and come equipped with Factory Mutual approved release fasteners and a restraint mechanism designed to cushion the panel’s acceleration as the full open position is reached.
Access doors meet or exceed enforced standards and certifications
- This specialty chemical storage locker includes a UL classified and labeled 60″ (5′) double leaf steel door that is three (3) hour fire rated for intense flame. The door is located directly on the front of the unit. With a self door closer, steel latch guard, surface slide bolt, positive pressure threshold, and an exterior UL listed keyed lock, the access door comes complete with everything you need for proper chemical storage and premium safety.
- Integrated with a spill containment system, this locker has been raised off the ground which makes the door and floor of the unit not flush with the ground. Included with the locker is a heavy duty access ramp for easy access during the contract period.
Adequate and accessible fire suppression systems
- This paint storage chemical storage building is equipped with state of the art fire suppression system. It has a ready-to-use 21 lb. dry chemical fire suppression tank that is UL, ULC listed and FM approved for the A, B, and C fire classes. This high quality system is also equipped with remote activation with an integrated fusible link detection, a manual exterior pull station , and multiple interior spray nozzles for complete coverage in a flooding activation. The dry chemical tank is mounted on the exterior of the locker, and comes with an audible alarm for added safety. The system is unarmed per D.O.T regulations and must be armed and certified by a licensed representative.
Secondary Hazardous Chemical Spill Containment System
- This locker is integrated with a high quality secondary containment system to prevent the leakage of solid or liquid chemicals. Our containment system meets or exceeds the EPA’s spill containment capacity requirements. The heavy duty open grate flooring system allows for chemicals to fall through the grate as to not contaminate other materials in the locker, and the locker itself. The leak proof design is assembled with a deep welded steel floor grating, a large secondary containment sump, and a high density leak-proof sump liner. For added protection, the galvanized steel grating runs from wall to wall in the building, the sump is manufactured with solid plate sheets with continuous welds, and the secondary containment sump has been lined with a chemical resistant coating. This locker’s flooring has been designed and manufactured to meet with the specifications of the National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers (NAAMM).
HAZMAT SL2008 Electrical Components
- Our electrical components are UL listed single phase, 3 wire, and has a 120/240V 100 electrical load center. The load center is mounted on the exterior of the locker encased with a rainproof, sleet-resistant, and ice-resistant outdoor grade enclosure. It has been designed to meet with all of the requirements of the Underwriters’ Laboratories.
- All of the installation of our electrical components in the chemical storage lockers are done within the regulations of the National Electrical Manufactured Association (NEMA), National Electrical Code (NEC), and he National Fire Protection Association. This locker is well equipped with all of the electrical and motor components necessary for operation once a power source has been supplied.
Explosion Proof Electrical Lighting
- Our explosion proof electrical lighting is designed to work in conjunction with flammable materials. The lighting component is UL listed class 1, Div 1 & 2, and groups C and D. It is also listed as Class 2, Div 1 & 2, Groups E, F, G, and Class 3 Div 1 & 2. The lighting is specifically designed to be used around moisture, dirt, dust, corrosion, and vibrations. The explosion proof lighting can be activated from an exterior switch prior to entrance in the building.
Chemical Storage Approved Explosion Proof Ventilation
- This locker features a high quality ventilation system required for proper paint storage facilities. This system is designed to ventilate flammable storage areas with proper air turnover. It has a continuous minimum replacement of one cubic foot every minute. Our ventilation system is well equipped with a 3 hour fire dampers, UL listed 165 degree fusible link activation system, and a gravity flow ventilation system.
- The mechanical ventilation system moves about 6 full air changes every hour. This exhaust air is released above the locker as to not accidentally recirculate bad air. This explosion proof electromechanical ventilation system uses a UL Listed, Class I, Division 1, Group C and D compliant enclosed motor with non-static 12 inch diameter cast aluminum fan blade. This mechanism is externally mounted which can be manually operated with the exterior UL fan switch prior to entering the locker.
Storage Locker Heating and Air Conditioned Climate Controls
To ensure your facility meets storage requirements for most paints, thinners, and other material requiring a select temperature range. Our paint storage buildings are engineered with Explosion Proof Climate Control to ensure a steady and compliant storage environment of your hazardous materials.
- The HAZMAT SL2008 locker interior is well-lined with heavy duty Galvalume steel sheeting. Mineral fiber insulation is installed in each building within the ceiling and walls which allows for the building to maintain an R value of R-11. The climate control system is explosion proof with an air conditioner and a heater that can maintain a specific temperature.
- Explosion Proof Wall Mounted Air Conditioner
- Explosion Proof air conditioner is UL Listed, and Class I, Division 2, Group A, B, C & D complaint. There is an interior temperature controller with user-adjustable temperature settings allowing operator to properly store flammable liquids, combustibles. It has a totally enclosed fan motor with stainless steel shaft to resist corrosion and a hermetically sealed overload and an exterior switch to prevent arcing.
- Explosion Proof Wall Mounted Heater
- The Forced Air Heater is engineer explosion proof, and is UL Listed, Class 1, Division 1 & 2, Groups C & D; Zones 1 & 2, Groups IIA & IIB compliant. It also includes a user-adjustable thermostat for temperature control.
Get in contact with us for more information on pricing and complete building specifications of the HAZMAT SL2008 flammable material and paint storage storage buildings. Most of our supply is not available online, so make sure to contact us for our complete hazardous material storage buildings.
*Images are for referencing purposes only. Make sure to contact us for complete specifications for our available inventory. Please consult your local authority having jurisdiction to ensure your storage needs are met.