Chemical Storage Locker – HAZMATCB2008
Non Fire Rated Chemical Storage Locker
- HAZMATCB2008 – FL 20′ x 8′ x 8′ Actual Dimensions
Exterior: 20′ x 8′ x 8’6” Interior: 19’4” x 7’8” x 7’3”
- Structural Load Certification
Snow Load: 40 PSF Wind Load: 130 MPH Exposure C
Floor Load: 500 PSF Building Weight: 9,000 LBS
- Storage Capacity
Storage: 25 Drums / 144 Total Sq Ft Sump Capacity:460 Gallons
- This hazardous material and chemical storage building can hold up to 25 drums at 144 square feet, with a 460 gallon sump capacity. These criteria meet the OSHA, EPA, and NFPA chemical storage regulations. Each unit measures 8 feet wide, 20 feet long, and approximately 8’6” feet high. Our chemical storage lockers are manufactured right here in the USA. We only use the highest quality American steel, free of rough edges, kinks, and sharp bends. Our attention to detail and use of high quality materials ensures that your building will be manufactured mistake-free, with its intended structural strength. Each step in our manufacturing process has been refined to ensure uniformity in each building, as well as top quality work. Our welding process was designed through the American Welding Society and meets the American Society for Testing Material’s (ATSM International) standards. For premium safety, all of our welds are in accordance with UL listed wall design. Each building is also weather resistant.
Access doors meet or exceed enforced standards and certifications
- This unit has lockable double doors with cam closures, located on short end of Locker. Doors total 7’9’’ high x 7’5 ‘’ wide.
- Integrated with a spill containment system, this locker has been raised off the ground which makes the door and floor of the unit not flush with the ground. Included with the locker is a heavy duty access ramp for easy access during the contract period.
Secondary Hazardous Chemical Spill Containment System
- This locker is integrated with a high quality secondary containment system to prevent the leakage of solid or liquid chemicals. Our containment system meets or exceeds the EPA’s spill containment capacity requirements. The heavy duty open grate flooring system allows for chemicals to fall through the grate as to not contaminate other materials in the locker, and the locker itself. The leak proof design is assembled with a deep welded steel floor grating, a large secondary containment sump, and a high density leak-proof sump liner. For added protection, the galvanized steel grating runs from wall to wall in the building, the sump is manufactured with solid plate sheets with continuous welds, and the secondary containment sump has been lined with a chemical resistant coating. This locker’s flooring has been designed and manufactured to meet with the specifications of the National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers (NAAMM).
HAZMATCB2008 Electrical Components
- Our electrical components are UL listed single phase, 3 wire, and has a 120/240V 100 electrical load center. The load center is mounted on the exterior of the locker encased with a rainproof, sleet-resistant, and ice-resistant outdoor grade enclosure. It has been designed to meet with all of the requirements of the Underwriters’ Laboratories.
- All of the installation of our electrical components in the chemical storage lockers are done within the regulations of the National Electrical Manufactured Association (NEMA), National Electrical Code (NEC), and he National Fire Protection Association. This locker is well equipped with all of the electrical and motor components necessary for operation once a power source has been supplied.
Explosion Proof Electrical Lighting
- Our explosion proof electrical lighting is designed to work in conjunction with flammable materials. The lighting component is UL listed class 1, Div 1 & 2, and groups C and D. It is also listed as Class 2, Div 1 & 2, Groups E, F, G, and Class 3 Div 1 & 2. The lighting is specifically designed to be used around moisture, dirt, dust, corrosion, and vibrations. The explosion proof lighting can be activated from an exterior switch prior to entrance in the building.
Chemical Storage Approved Explosion Proof Ventilation
- This locker features a high quality ventilation system required for proper paint storage facilities. This system is designed to ventilate flammable storage areas with proper air turnover. It has a continuous minimum replacement of one cubic foot every minute. Our ventilation system is well equipped with a 3 hour fire dampers, UL listed 165 degree fusible link activation system, and a gravity flow ventilation system.
- The mechanical ventilation system moves about 6 full air changes every hour. This exhaust air is released above the locker as to not accidentally recirculate bad air. This explosion proof electromechanical ventilation system uses a UL Listed, Class I, Division 1, Group C and D compliant enclosed motor with non-static 12 inch diameter cast aluminum fan blade. This mechanism is externally mounted which can be manually operated with the exterior UL fan switch prior to entering the locker.
Storage Locker Heating and Air Conditioned Climate Controls
To ensure your facility meets storage requirements for most paints, thinners, and other material requiring a select temperature range. Our paint storage buildings are engineered with Explosion Proof Climate Control to ensure a steady and compliant storage environment of your hazardous materials.
- The HAZMATCB2008 locker interior is well-lined with heavy duty Galvalume steel sheeting. Mineral fiber insulation is installed in each building within the ceiling and walls which allows for the building to maintain an R value of R-11. The climate control system is explosion proof with an air conditioner and a heater that can maintain a specific temperature.
- Explosion Proof Wall Mounted Air Conditioner
- Explosion Proof air conditioner is UL Listed, and Class I, Division 2, Group A, B, C & D complaint. There is an interior temperature controller with user-adjustable temperature settings allowing operator to properly store flammable liquids, combustibles. It has a totally enclosed fan motor with stainless steel shaft to resist corrosion and a hermetically sealed overload and an exterior switch to prevent arcing.
- Explosion Proof Wall Mounted Heater
- The Forced Air Heater is engineer explosion proof, and is UL Listed, Class 1, Division 1 & 2, Groups C & D; Zones 1 & 2, Groups IIA & IIB compliant. It also includes a user-adjustable thermostat for temperature control.
Get in contact with us for more information on pricing and complete building specifications of the HAZMAT SL3008 flammable material and paint storage storage buildings. Most of our supply is not available online, so make sure to contact us for our complete hazardous material storage buildings.
*Images are for referencing purposes only. Make sure to contact us for complete specifications for our available inventory. Please consult your local authority having jurisdiction to ensure your storage needs are met.